In honour of the year of the young people we are inviting a selection of young programmers to curate two slots in the CSDF programme, as well as get involved in the marketing and delivery of the festival.
If you are a documentary fanatic, festival lover, cinefile or are looking for some first-hand experience in programming and would love to get involved with this exciting event, we are seeking young people to:
- View a shortlist of documentaries and select two films for the CSDF 2018 programme
- Get involved in the marketing and promoting of the documentaries you have picked and Central Scotland Documentary Festival
- Get involved with Front of House, to understand the importance of excellent customer service in the lead up to and during CSDF*
- Present your screenings, introduce speakers, host associated Q&A's as well as meet and greet guests
*This is the perfect opportunity to get an understanding of the importance of customer experiences and it will involve shadowing some of our fabulous Front Of House team. Although we advise you take part, as it will help give you the full experience of programming a festival, this is an optional part of the Young Programmer experience.
What you will get from being a Young Programmer:
- Documentary screening sessions twice a week, from which you will make the film selections
- Workshop style setup to help guide/inform your selections
- Valuable experience in festival programming and an opportunity to shape the festival
- Complimentary tickets to screenings at the festival
- Volunteer programmers must be aged between 16 - 25 years old
- Volunteer programmers should be able to commit to the following dates and times:
- Mon 30 Jul, Mon 6 Aug, Mon 13 Aug, Mon 20 Aug, Mon 27 Aug and Mon 3 Sep from 6pm to 8.30pm.
- Wed 1 Aug, Wed 8 Aug, Wed 15 Aug, Wed 22 Aug from 6pm to 8.30pm
- Thu 4 to Mon 8 Oct (times TBC)
- Application deadline: Fri 20 Jul 2018, 12 noon
- We aim to contact successful volunteers by Fri 20 Jul 2018, 5pm
How to apply
If you would like to apply to be a young programmer, please email us with the following information:
- Email address
- A short paragraph detailing why you should be considered as a Young Programme Volunteer (250 words max)
- Equal opportunity monitoring form**
- Detail of any of the listed dates that you cannot make
**Our ambition is to embed equalities practice in our everyday thinking in every part of the organisation and we actively encourage applications from all sectors of our community. We ask that you complete and return our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. This form is for statistical purposes only and will be separated from your application and destroyed once the data has been collated.