Stirling & Bridge of Allan Operatic Society
£18.50 / £14.50 concession
Message from SABOS:
We have been closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19, and after much consideration, we have made the very difficult, sad, but unavoidable decision to cancel this production. The show must go on is a motto that has served our society well for over 100 years, but with continued uncertainty about when theatres will be able to reopen, our hands are tied. We had very much hoped to be able to return to rehearsals in the autumn, but with ongoing restrictions on large gatherings and singing in groups this will not be possible and a production on this scale, with a cast and crew of over 100 people, is not likely to be permitted for quite some time. Proposed social distancing guidelines for audiences also mean that if we were able to go ahead we would not be able to cover our costs. As a small, volunteer run society, we do not have the financial resources to absorb this loss. This decision is not one that we take lightly and we know that it will come as a huge disappointment to you as it is for our cast, who were so close to performing the show when lockdown began in March. Over the course of the coming weeks and months, we will continue to explore other ways to bring theatre back in whatever shape or form is permitted in 2021. Our sympathies lie with the families of those who have lost their lives to this dreadful virus and with those who are struggling financially as a result of the pandemic. We hope to be able to bring the love, light and laughter of theatre back into your lives soon.
We have emailed all ticket bookers to offer either a refund or credit to their account, however if you have any queries about the cancellation of this event please get in touch with us.